Wednesday, October 11, 2006

And I thought I was slacking...

In yesterday's post, I was saying that I've been slacking lately, well, actually, I've checked how much time I've spent training in the last 7 days, and I guess it's not too bad. Almost 5 hours... I know it's not much, but at least it's not nothing...OK I'm cheating a bit here, I include Yoga in there. :o) But hey, shouldn't stretching be a part of any athlete's training?

It was rainy, dark and cold, but I did bike this morning (on a stationary bike). It felt goooood! Was able to do 21.1 km in 40 minutes, which is amazing for me! For you americans, this is a pace of about 19.6 Mph. And the sweetest thing is that my heart rate stayed in Zone 1, with an average HR of 130! :oD I'm actually starting to doubt the accuracy of the bike's computer, but hey, I was really on fire, and I was also concentrating and watching my breathing and movements to keep my HR down.

For the first time in my life, I can't wait to go back an hour at the end of October (daylight saving). I used to hate it, because I was not a morning person and I was craving the sunlight at the end of the day. But now, as I'm trying to get up early, I find it really hard when the sun only rises at 7:30! I do most of my training in the morning, except strength and yoga...

I also have a draft training plan in mind, here's what it looks like:
Monday: off
Tuesday: Swim 1500 (with technique drills)
Wednesday: Bike 40:00 HR Zone1 (training in time and HR, not distance)
Thursday: Swim 1500 (with technique drills)
Friday: Bike 40:00 HR Zone 2 (training in time and HR, not distance)
Saturday: Swim 1500 (distance)
Sunday: Bike long ride (2:00)

Of course, I will increase the duration by 5-10% overall, every week. I will stay in Zones 1 and 2 for now, working on building my endurance. On top of these workouts, I will, from Tuesday to Friday (included) do strength training, mostly core, for a little 15 minutes, and Yoga for another 15 minutes. I'm already doing most of this, but have not been totally regular so far. I guess it's because it was not official. Well, now it is! :o)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry about the double post yesterday. I was going to say that yesterday but thought 3 posts would be bad. :) Thanks!

When I was doing Pilates, I included it in my training hours. Definitely not cheating, I think we need it. I keep saying I'm going to start up again but I just never seem too. Your plan looks great.

Caroline said...

I don't mind about double postings, it happens. I just get excited to have so many replies! HeHe As long as you're not trying to sell me something similar to these darn anonymous postings! :oP