Monday, October 02, 2006

I can make a plan now!

Yessssss. I got my doctor's approval. In fact, she seemed so enthusiastic about my project that I felt stupid I doubted she would approve my participation in an Aquabike! Joints are doing great, motivation is high, and schedules for 2007 are getting ready!

So far, only the Somersault Series offers Aquabike races in Ontario. I would have enjoyed racing in Toronto, especially the Toronto Islands triathlon, but I'm not sure there's going to be any Aquabike event here.

Oh well, I'm still happy, there's a much bigger choice of events in
2007 than this year. I will aim for a sprint early in the season, to evaluate my level, and will go for a half-iron at the end of the season. Registration opens on November 1! I was hoping for an Iron distance, but apparently there is none for the next season (so far).
Maybe it would be biting more than I can chew anyway, so I'll start reasonably! :-) I'll post my training plan very soon!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, that's great. I'm glad she gave you the okay. A half this next year is good way to get started. And maybe by the next year, there will be more variety for you to choose from. Or find a vacation one somewhere. Tris are a good excuse to travel.

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Yeah congrats!

And if you are looking to travel I know that Cheasepeakeman (although I probably spelled it wrong and am not sure where it is) and Vineman (in northern California) have a full IM aquabike. =)