Friday, March 02, 2007

Oh Summer, where are thou?

I don't train outdoors during winter. Maybe I'm a chicken, or maybe I have good reasons, like my joints don't like cold and humid weather and usually won't cooperate. I have to say Toronto is not so bad during winter, it could be worse. But it could be better.

I also don't have equipment to ride during cold weather. So I've been biking on my fluid trainer since November! At least it's still training with my bike, but I really miss the wind, the trees, the sun on my (protected) sooo white skin. At this time of the year, because of the lack of sun, my skin is usually so white it's almost blueish. This year doesn't seem to be as bad, maybe it's because I'm more healthy that I used to be. I miss the sun still. And no, I can't get canned sun, my medication doesn't allow for it.

But the thing I miss the most, is warmth. I love warmth. When it's 35 degrees and everybody is searching for shade and AC, I really enjoy it. Actually, the perfect weather I found so far (I haven't visited so many places in my life), was in Palm Springs, CA. 45 degrees during the day! Loved it! Except for the weird sensation of the skin in your face wanting to crack open when you smile! he he, but I could get used to that! My joints could get used to that too, I felt 100% for the time I was there! I suppose that's why this place is so popular for older people...The warmth and the hot springs.

Oh well, at least I feel good right now, and my joints are ok with all my training so far! :) I'm just hoping that this snow will melt (got some more yesterday) very soon, and that I'll be able to hit the trails! Can't wait for that!

The Groundhog was sooooo wrong! :(

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Spring will be here soon!

Caroline said...

hopefully yes...I wish I was in California! :o)