Monday, March 05, 2007

Bike Show and Sore Throat

I've had a very nice week-end, including relaxing with my husband, going to the spring bike show and working of course! The bike show was great, and it didn't cost more than $300! My husband bought bike shoes and pedals, and I couldn't resist a bike tank top and a pair of good gloves. We've been really reasonable. Here's my wish list for Easter, or whatever Holiday that would be a good reason to give a gift! (not intended for my husbands, he knows I'm just dreaming a bit here)

-A good saddle
-A wetsuit
-Prescription swimming goggles
-Prescription bike sunglasses
-An aero hydration system
-A tri suit
-A new hrm (mine isn't beeping anymore when I get out of my target zone, I have to borrow my husband's oversized watch)
-I could find more stuff I want easily, but these would probably be my priorities (in order)

Yes, I want all this stuff and yet I didn't train this weekend. At All. Well a 10 minutes fitness evaluation on Saturday if that counts... I've had a sore throat since Friday night. A bad one, on one side only, and the pain is going up to my ear on the same side. I think it's getting better. I tried to get more rest. Anyway, if it's still there tomorrow, I'm going to see the Doc.

I know most people say that if the area affected is over the shoulders you can still train, but I'm not sure if it applies to everybody. My medication lowers my immune system. So I gotta give it all the chances to recover when I'm hit with something. Amazingly, this year is the best year I've ever had. Maybe if you read my previous posts it doesn't sound that great, but believe me, I'm in the best shape I've ever been, and I love it!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hope you feel better soon!