I forgot to mention that my husband filmed a small part of my performance during the 5000m charity swim on Sunday. So now I know a couple of things that need to be improved!
1-My hands seem to cross over the half of my body. This certainly slows me down.
2-Every 6 kicks or so, I give a bigger kick. I don't know why, and I don't know if it's always the same leg. I'll need a bit more filming to find out more.
The good news is that I can keep the pace throughout the entire swim, and my arms move in a regular motion, both arms are synchronized, and my gliding seems pretty good. My breathing is also good, and I don't precipitate the recovery, meaning that the amount of time that my arms are in the air when I breathe is the same than the other strokes.
I'm pretty happy overall, especially since I haven't had swimming lessons in over 10 years and was afraid I would just be reinforcing bad habits. I will have to ask my husband to film me from time to time to make sure I'm improving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good job Caro for your 5000 meters charity swim. Man 5km! That's like swimming from Mingan to Marquette :P
I'm still alive as you can see and our cat (maya) is getting bigger. She almost learned to fly when she tried to get on the couch by climbing on my roomate's leg... hahaha! A nice 20cm long scratch and a pair of "tabarnack de criss de chat innocent!" came with it. :D
Hehehe cats can be sooo sweeeeet! :P I'm sure your roommate still loves her anyway!
Yes he does (I guess) :P
ixollipspLepP [url=http://ow.ly/5RzG9]old navy coupons[/url] cooqwvovgtowz
Post a Comment